Friday, October 25, 2013

Diwali DIY : Wire art embellished boxes

Diwali is when we pray for peace and prosperity and deck our homes in gold to invite luck and prosperity in. I present to you a recycled wire art DIY this season.   I received some DVDs some years agoin a box  (I know I seem to be collecting these things in the hope of renewing them one day!) and I wanted to deck it out in traditional gold as well. As luck would have it, my favourite shop Lotus had these lovely gift wrapping papers. Armed with these and some fancy beads I set to work. I  got so immersed in the work I clean forgot to take the before pictures. But here are the raw materials and the after picture...


I know what you are thinking... that knot of wire will come to nothing! I couldn't agree more! I have made such a mess of keeping it well, but it is amazingly easy to straighten it and anyway I use small lengths of it so no worries.

I stuck the two wrapping papers - one with gold print and the other patterned tissue - one over the other on the box and then got cutting and sticking.  I have done a real easy print which makes this a snap to do! I cut the wire, flexed it to shape and stuck it at sort of equal intervals and voila! it has an embroidered effect with none of the sweat and toil associated with embroidering. 




Here is my Diwali tableau for all of you...


Another look?


A very happy, peaceful and prosperous Diwali to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts!

/*facebook button*/
/*facebook button end */