Sunday, February 14, 2016

Repurposing watches into quirky timepieces

In  today's world of smartphones and tablets, the watch, unless designer, is less and less used. I have a few lying around the house which keep time well but are not used. Here I show you how I have re worked them into my home decor so they still tell time but from a different backdrop. First I had my local watch store guy remove the metal straps to make it more amenable to this transformation.

I have used blue tack to fix the watch face and the backdrop (I will probably go with the funky monkey finally!) I suggest this method because you will need to change the battery sometime and blue tack makes it easy to take the watch out when needed.

Quite simply stick the watch face on the chosen objects to create quirky and fun timepieces. Here it is on a mini watering can...


on my mother of pearl spoon...
with my other tea things ...

and fixed on one of the ubiquitous coasters and blinged up!

and  practically dominating the bedside table.



On my mini watering can in my craft cupboard.






3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts!

/*facebook button*/
/*facebook button end */